Tuesday, September 11, 2012

'Bachelor Pad'

I was figuring out this show as it was going along. My wife was watching as well. But by the conclusion, when host Chris Harrison explained the final rules, I could see what kind of strategic game was at hand. And man, what a payoff! A classic display of self-interested, Machiavellian television. A rare treat. Is Nick an asshole? Perhaps. But he played for keeps. Apparently he had no partners throughout and even Rachel wasn't committed to him at earlier points in the show. But that's all I can say because it's all new to me. Definitely an explosive finale.

I don't see video for last night's episode, but here's the website. And see Lincee Ray, at the Huffington Post, "'Bachelor Pad' Finale Recap: The Most Disturbing Finale Ever." Also at E! Online, "Bachelor Pad Finale: A Proposal, Betrayal and So Many Tears."

0 comments: