Sunday, December 1, 2013

Did You Know Guinness Draught in a Bottle is 11.2 Ounces?

I picked up some Guinness last night, and pouring a bottle into my pint glass I noticed that the fill came a ways from the top:


Compare that to my Black Butte from a couple of weeks ago (a beer I'm just loving, by the way):


Guinness is excellent. I'm just tripping on this smaller portion deal when you buy the brand in bottles. Smaller portions suck. The beer's the same price. It's not like Oreos or anything, where food companies have been shrinking portions (but not retail prices) for decades.

In any case, with a six-pace of Guinness you're almost down half a beer compared to brands that bottle 12 ounces. That's a big enough difference for me to skip Guinness next time I hit the liquor store.

0 comments: