Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Daniel Drezner Quits Blogging

I guess Foreign Policy, where Drezner blogs, is having its bloggers shift to a weekly column requirement, phasing out the magazine's stable of blogs. Drezner was one of the "last holdouts" apparently. Glenn Reynolds expects him to be back: "At least, most bloggers who say goodbye to blogging wind up coming back." (Click through to Drezner at Instapundit's.)

I once quit blogging (at my first blog) and wound up missing it after a couple of months and haven't turned back since. I started about March 2006 and American Power launched in October 2007. I just posted the "5 Million Hits" entry a couple of days ago.

We'll see how it goes. Of course, Drezner's a big-shot blogger and early political science pioneer of the format. I've taken him to task a couple of times for his spinelessness. It's nevertheless interesting he's hanging up his blog keyboard. He's been blogging since 2002.

I usually have an update on blogging on New Year's Day, and I'm sure I'll have more. So until then ... have a Merry Christmas!

0 comments: